Distillery 2017 was a fairly massive year for Distillery. What will 2018 bring?
We promise we won’t let it go to our heads. But we can’t promise that we won’t — at least occasionally — wander over to our newly expanded awards display to ever so slightly bask in all that glorious gold, silver, and crystalline shimmer. But then we’ll get back to work, because that’s what we do.
Throughout 2017, Distillery’s hard work, top-quality teaming, and industry-leading product quality were recognized by an array of accolades we never could have anticipated. Throughout, we’ve been honored and humbled in equal measure. In addition, to close out 2017, we received the incredibly exciting news that Distillery was ranked #168 on the Entrepreneur 360TM, Entrepreneur’s list of the “360 small businesses each year that are mastering the art and science of growing a business.”
How did we become part of the Entrepreneur 360TM?
Entrepreneur used a proprietary algorithm to identify honorees among independently owned companies in the United States. The algorithm was built on a balanced scorecard designed to measure metrics reflecting “major pillars of entrepreneurship,” including “innovation and technology; management efficiency and business sustainability; and revenue.” Entrepreneur’s goal is to recognize the passionate, tenacious leaders and businesses who are balancing impact, innovation, growth, and leadership to build the strong, growing entrepreneurial businesses that keep the United States economy moving forward.
The Entrepreneur 360TM honor is particularly meaningful to us. Why? Because it feels like a clear testimonial that we’re doing all of the right things to build the strongest teams and the best products possible — which is exactly what enables us to help our clients realize their visions and enhance their businesses.
What other accolades did we earn in 2017?
We’re not braggarts, but we are proud of the recognition we’ve earned this past year. Because the fact is, Distillery’s 130+ software design and development professionals bring extraordinary focus, passion, and dedication to everything they do, and they absolutely deserve at least a little self-congratulatory basking amidst the full list of Distillery’s shiny 2017 accolades. So without further ado, here’s a rundown of our award-winning 2017:
- Distillery was honored as #1365 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing privately held companies.
- Distillery was selected as a Gold Winner in the “Digital — Fintech” category in DRIVEN x DESIGN’s 2017 San Francisco Design Awards on behalf of Netvest.
- Distillery won a 2017 WebAward for “Best Entertainment Website” on behalf of CIZO, Inc., from the Web Marketing Association.
- Distillery won a Gold StevieⓇ International Business Award for “Best New Product or Service of the Year — Software — FinTech Solution” on behalf of Netvest.
- Distillery was named a 2017 W3 Silver Award Winner in the “Website Features — User Interface” category on behalf of CIZO, Inc., by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts.
- Distillery was named the Outsourcing Firm of the Year in the 2017 SIIA Company CODiE Awards celebrating “outstanding teams, individuals and firms for their accomplishments, leadership and commitment to the industry.”
- Distillery was named by UpCity as one of the “Top Software Developers in the United States.”
- Distillery CEO and founder Andrey Kudievskiy was inducted into the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC), an exclusive, invite-only entrepreneurial brain trust and mentorship network, as well as the Forbes Technology Council, an exclusive, invite-only organization for senior-level technology executives.
- Kudievskiy was also named by Inc. magazine as one of the “25 Inspiring Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017.”
- Distillery became a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, an Oracle Certified Silver Partner, and a PubNub Certified Development Partner.
- Distillery was selected as a member of the Digital Agency Network (DAN), a carefully curated network of the world’s most accomplished independently owned creative agencies.
- Distillery was selected to join Top Interactive Agencies, a curated directory of companies providing services related to mobile apps, web design, digital strategy, e-commerce, motion graphics, digital marketing, SEO, and other digital services.
- In recognition of the quality and frequency of our blog content, Distillery was honored as the “Top Blog Contributor” among Top Digital Agency’s “2017 Heroes.”
What’s next for Distillery?
This past year was indeed a big one for Distillery. But we’re not the type to rest on our laurels, so we’re simply taking our 2017 achievements as incentive and inspiration to see what we can accomplish in 2018.
What will 2018 bring? Well, we’re already working on some amazing mobile app and web projects and ongoing initiatives with our existing enterprise and entrepreneurial clients. But we’re excited to see what other exciting ideas and innovations we’ll be privileged to be a part of this year. In addition, we’re expanding into new markets and broadening our footprint in the enterprise space. All in all, we’re starting out 2018 with renewed confidence that we’re doing all the right things for ourselves and our clients. With a new year so rife with potential, Distillery’s only new year’s resolution is to keep doing what we’re doing: building the strongest organization we can, and helping our clients to create the top-quality — and occasionally award-winning — digital products that help them build their business success.
Do you have an idea for a web or mobile app, an internal workplace app, or a website that will help you take your startup or enterprise to the next level? Award-winning or not, we’d love to be part of it. Let us know!
Anar Babaev is Distillery’s Managing Director. He has wide-ranging experience on the client side and the business side, having worked in account and project management, sales, and client relations at various international software and IT organizations. Anar is passionate about creating a better client experience through proactive issue identification and problem solving. In his free time, he loves spending time with his family, listening to music, and reading. He has a massive collection of baseball caps, rarely leaving the house without a hat.