Shopify Developer – LATAM
Distillery accelerates innovation through an unyielding approach to nearshore software development. The world’s most innovative technology teams choose distillery to help accelerate strategic innovation, fill a pressing technology gap, and hit mission-critical deadlines. We support essential applications, mobile apps, websites, and eCommerce platforms through the placement of senior, strategic technical leaders and by deploying fully managed technology teams that work intimately alongside our client’s in-house development teams.
At Distillery, we’re not here to reinvent nearshore software development, we’re on a mission to perfect it.
About the Position
As a Shopify Developer you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will be a part of a team to resolve a diverse range of complex problems and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
- Developing a greenfield web app and develop customer facing features to configure our plugin in their Shopify Store and enable package protection for our customers
- Learning to use the Shopify SDKs and APIs to build an efficient Shopify App which can display our customer’s products which have enabled package protection, then keep track of the orders, their status and any issues.
- Understanding Shopify’s app review process to deploy the first version of the app and make future updates
- Bridging the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, by
- Translating UI/UX design wireframes into reusable UI components
- Working closely with the product and backend teams to integrate web services
- Debugging, profiling, and searching for bottlenecks in rendering
- Defining how applications look and how they work
- Strong engineering fundamentals and desire to keep learning
- 5+ years of experience in a role building software used in production
- Familiarity using Redux, Zustand or other state management solutions
- Familiarity with Shopify Apps and their SDKs/APIs
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the team and internal/external organizations
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficiency in code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience in agile software development
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to explain abstract technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Next.js or Remix
- Knowledge and experience on the logistics industry, working with fulfillment systems
Why You’ll Like Working Here
- The ability to work on and partner with multi-national teams that are committed to our BEST core values: Best People, Best Expertise, Best Service, Best Teamwork
- A generous, competitive compensation package for exceptional performers, as well as a generous vacation package and competitive benefits plan
- Remote working environment
- Professional and personal development