Full-Stack React| Node + AWS – LATAM
Distillery accelerates innovation through an unyielding approach to nearshore software development. The world’s most innovative technology teams choose distillery to help accelerate strategic innovation, fill a pressing technology gap, and hit mission-critical deadlines. We support essential applications, mobile apps, websites, and eCommerce platforms through the placement of senior, strategic technical leaders and by deploying fully managed technology teams that work intimately alongside our client’s in-house development teams.
At Distillery, we’re not here to reinvent nearshore software development, we’re on a mission to perfect it.
About the Position
As a Full Stack Developer you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will be a part of a team to resolve a diverse range of complex problems and regularly multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
- Synthesize complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high-quality system designs and software in addition to task break-down, delivery and monitoring.
- Design core backend software components.
- Develop highly-optimized software that operates at scale.
- Conduct design and code reviews, taking accountability for bug fixes and ensuring standards for code quality are met.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to build the product
- Continuously learn on the job to build domain expertise.
- Proficient building scalable, high throughput, low latency platforms.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing large, well-tested applications.
- Proficient with React, Typescript, and Node.js.
- Experience working in code as a service via Terraform
- Experience creating and deploying AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Comfortable with Java technologies and frameworks.
- Strong passion for building stable, well-tested applications.
- Experience owning/leading particular components, features, or systems.
- Experience mentoring and onboarding new engineers.
- Comfort working across the stack, from infrastructure to browser while implementing
general best practices.
- Proven experience solving complex architecture and business problems with simple,extensible solutions.
- Knowledge of creating external-facing APIs.
- Experience with version control software (E.g. GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g. Jira).
- A detailed approach to writing all sorts of tests (i.e. unit, integration, performance).
Nice to Have
- MS or BS in Computer Science.
- Experience with Spring or similar frameworks.
Why You’ll Like Working Here
- The ability to work on and partner with multi-national teams that are committed to our BEST core values: Best People, Best Expertise, Best Service, Best Teamwork
- A generous, competitive compensation package for exceptional performers, as well as a generous vacation package and competitive benefits plan
- Remote working environment