Sales Development Manager
Distillery Tech is a high-growth technology services company specializing in end-to-end custom software development and IT staffing for startups, small and mid-size businesses, and enterprises. We help our clients to imagine, design, engineer and deliver business-defining software and digital experiences whether they’re looking for a fully managed team, scalable workforce, or individual engineers.
About the Position
We are looking for our new Sales Development Manager in the US. From overseeing and effectively managing multiple teams to developing and implementing team-wide best practices and strategies that help increase revenue. This role will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects and is highly self-motivated. The ideal candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect.
The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of proven experience managing high-performing sales development teams. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured work environment, with the desire to not only exceed their quota but to define processes and workflows that enable future outbound SDRs to be successful.
This candidate will be an integral part of the sales leadership team by providing continuous mentorship for our SDRs, defining and tracking KPIs, spearheading SDR recruiting and being willing and able to do some SDR prospecting when first starting. And finally work with other leaders and groups to determine how to build and scale the SDR team over time.
- Generate sales demand and pipeline revenue through outbound lead development.
- Partner with other internal departments in order to ensure alignment with the broader organizational objectives.
- Provide reporting on forecast, pipeline management, and KPI achievement as a team and for individual SDRs.
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge.
- Help scale the sales organization through operational innovation.
- Be 75% player and 25% manager/coach in the beginning.
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence.
- Motivate individuals and the team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship.
- Empower your team to take ownership of their territory.
- Provide insightful feedback from prospect conversations to product, sales and marketing leadership qualifications.
- Strong understanding of sales development best practices (sequences, cadence management, cold-calling, objection handling, etc.) and pipeline building process.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 3+ years of proven experience managing high-performing sales development teams and quota-carrying sales experience.
- A quantitative track record of exceptional performance.
- A self-starter with strong experience with outbound lead generation.
- Ability to develop and implement sales enablement processes.
- Product intuition and business acumen; you are able to understand how Distillery provides different values to different customers depending on their role, industry, and technical aptitude.
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills.
- Curious by nature; wants to bring a growth mindset to work every day.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to simplify complex problems.
- Highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a young and fast-growing company.
Nice to Have
- Experience using sales enablement tools like Salesforce, Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and Outreach.io.
- Lead generation experience in the IT staffing and services industry.
Why You’ll Like Working Here
- The ability to work on and partner with multi-national teams that are committed to our BEST core values: Best People, Expertise, Service, and Teamwork.
- A competitive compensation package for exceptional performers and a generous vacation package and benefits plan.
- Remote working environment.
- Professional and personal development.
Why would you love this job
- A Servant Leader: You strive to elevate your team every day. You lead by example and inspire others to achieve and exceed their goals.
- A Coach: You love training your team how to think differently and motivating them to continuously evolve in their sales career.
- A Numbers Nerd: You recognize the importance of a quantitative approach to making decisions.
- A Scientist: You are a creator by nature, and know how to run experiments by trying new things, validating hypotheses and pivoting quickly based on the results.