WHO WE ARE
Distillery, Inc.’s (Distillery) 500+ software design and development professionals work in 6 offices across 9 time zones. Our headquarters is located in Los Angeles, with nearshore and offshore delivery centers in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
We collect and use information about our website visitors, our online products and services, and our mobile application in order to manage your relationship with Distillery and to better serve you.
HOW WE PROCESS AND HANDLE DATA
The information we collect from you depends on the nature of your relationship with us or your interaction with Distillery’s Sites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR SITES AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information you provide to us:
- We collect information about you through mechanisms of our sites such as contact forms.
- We also collect information when you contact us directly through other means of communication such as email.
Information we collect automatically:
- Log data. As with most internet technology services, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Sites and record it in log files. This log data may include your IP address, usage data, browser type, the date and time of Site access, and language preferences cookies (if enabled).
- Device Information. Distillery collects data about devices accessing the Sites, including the type of device, device settings, application IDs, and unique identifiers.
- Location Information. We receive data from you and other third parties that helps us to track an approximate device location. You can also choose to enable geolocation within our mobile application.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To provide you services and to process your order on Distillery’s websites
- To improve the operation of the Sites
- To engage in research and development of Distillery’s product offerings, or to conduct market research
- To conduct ordinary business operations such as sales, marketing, support, education and training
- To engage in corporate reporting and management
- To maintain a safe and trusted environment for Distillery employees, customers, Site visitors and members of the public
- To conduct other similar uses pertaining to the Distillery Sites
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Sharing with Distillery Affiliates:
Sharing with third party service providers:
We retain third party service providers to manage or support certain aspects of our business. These third-party service providers may be located globally and may provide services to us such as website hosting, data analysis, advertising and marketing services, data hosting, live-chat and helpdesk services, providing information technology infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services. Our third-party service providers are contractually bound to safeguard any Personal Data they receive from us and they are prohibited from using such Personal Data for any purpose other than to perform the services as instructed by Distillery.
Engaging in corporate transactions:
Complying with law / protecting legal rights:
We may be required to disclose your information to comply with applicable laws (including laws outside of your country of residence), regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement requests, including national security or other law enforcement requirements. Additionally, if we reasonably believe that it is necessary or appropriate, we reserve the right to use or disclose your information to allow us to pursue available claims or remedies and protect our legal rights, property or the safety of our employees, users or others, to the extent allowed by applicable law. This includes exchanging information with companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud detection.
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Distillery relies on the following legal bases for processing Personal Data:
- Order processing: We will capture your Personal Data to provide you services.
- Consent (where you have given consent): We process certain Personal Data based on the consent you provided or notice that we provided you when you submitted your information. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time by contacting us.
- Contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, e.g., to process your order or deliver the Distillery product or services you or your organization have purchased).
- Legitimate interests of Distillery or any third parties: Legitimate interests include enabling us to conduct internal business services, such as audits, mergers and acquisitions, reporting, and improving our products and services. Personal Data will only be processed on these grounds when doing so does not outweigh your interests or fundamental rights.
- Compliance with laws (where we are required to process information to comply with applicable laws) : If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented and maintained technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse, alteration, accidental loss or destruction.
However, no website or internet transmission is completely secure. While we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur, and we cannot warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. We are not responsible for protecting any information that we share with a third party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Distillery is a global company and your information is stored on regional servers depending on your location and the locations of the servers of the companies we hire to provide services to us based on contractual requirements.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
Sometimes we may need to transfer information to countries in which applicable laws may not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country. When we transfer Personal Data from individuals in the EEA or UK to countries that have not received an adequacy finding under Article 45 of the GDPR/UK GDPR, we rely on the safeguards set forth in Article 46 of the GDPR/UK GDPR or derogations for specific situations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR/UK GDPR. When relying on a cross-border transfer mechanism under Article 49, we only collect and transfer your Personal Data to third countries: (i) with your explicit consent; (ii) to execute perform a contract with you or a contract with another party for your benefit; or (iii) to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. You may request of copy of any applicable Article 46 agreements by contacting us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect some types of Personal Data, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
All users have the following choices about our collection of Personal Data.
- Account settings. You may update your profile, your account and any related information at any time to ensure that information is up to date.
- Devices and browsers. Some of our mobile services use your device’s location information. You can adjust the setting of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates location information.
- Communications from Distillery. We may use your information to communicate with you by email, including by sending you transactional or marketing emails. Distillery enables you to opt out of marketing communications by clicking “unsubscribe” in the footer of any email you receive from us.
- Cookies. Some web browsers (including mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features or functionalities available through our services.
Additionally, depending on your geographic region, you may have other rights under US data protection laws, GDPR, Personal Data Protection Act 25.326 (PDPA), Mexican Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data held by Private Parties, RussianData Protection Act and other applicable privacy laws. These rights may include:
- Data Access: You may request access to the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Data Portability: You may request an export of certain types of Personal Data
- Deletion: You may request to have your Personal Data deleted or erased.
- Correcting inaccurate or incomplete information: You can request that we correct errors in the data we maintain about you.
- Withdrawing consent: If the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Objecting to or restricting use of Personal Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data or to limit our use of it.
- Individuals in the EEA, UK: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (EEA) or with the Commissioner (UK). We kindly request that you contact us first so that we may have the opportunity to address your concern.
To exercise any of these requests, please contact us as set forth below.
California Residents – For information about California resident privacy rights, click here.
PRIVACY RELATING TO MINORS
Distillery does not knowingly collect information from minors as defined by applicable law. If we discover we have received any Personal Data from a minor in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone who is a minor, please contact us so that we can delete their information.
UPDATES TO THE POLICY