Logos help bring brands to life. Logo animations can take your brand a step further, helping you tell the story of your brand.
People connect more deeply with logos that are engaging and interesting. A good logo leaves a clear image of the product or company in viewers’ minds long after they’ve seen it. By adding motion that helps to tell a brand’s story, animated logos can be highly effective in making a lasting impression.
Why? Well, motion reliably draws users’ attention. An animation is like a heartbeat. It brings life and soul to a product or an idea. With logo animation, you can convey meaning without words. You can reveal a brand’s values, style, features, and differentiators, making it instantly recognizable.
Haven’t animated your logo yet? Or simply uncertain that your logo animation hits the mark? Time to get inspired by logo animations from some of the world’s leading brands.
1. Convey your brand’s colors into motion, like Google.
2. Represent your approach in the logo animation itself, like Amazon.
4. Reveal your brand’s values, just as FireFox has done with speed.
6. Use your logo’s key feature to show motion — like FedEx, whose business is motion.
7. Go wild like National Geographic, splitting your logo in the animation.
8. Make your logo animation instantly recognizable, like Uber.
11. Put motion around your main features, like Shazam.
12. Tell a whole story start to finish with just your logo animation, like MasterCard.
14. Make it smooth and sleek, like Brikk.
16. Take one from Pinterest’s book and use your logo animation to convey the concept of your brand.
17. Build upon what you already have, just as Nike has by using their iconic swoosh.
18. Level up your brand’s presentation from first sight, like Fubiz.
19. Show how diverse you are, like Historiska.
20. Make your logo animation memorable, like Disney’s famous castle.
Of course, here at Distillery we’ve created our own clever logo animation, too. We use ours to convey what we do and how we work. Haven’t seen it yet? To check it out, hover your cursor over the logo in the upper-left corner of our website.
As our diverse array of inspirational examples has shown — whatever business you’re in — animation can help you bring your logo to life. So what are you waiting for? Breathe some life into that logo, telling a brand story people will remember.
Still looking for inspiration? Let us know! Distillery’s top-notch design team creates logos and animations that help brands make lasting impressions.
Elena Schedrakova joined Distillery as a UX/UI designer in early 2018 with the view that design is not only a job but also a way of life. She is particularly fond of typography (which accounts for 95% of web design) and animation. In addition to creating the illusion of interactivity, a well-made animation brings delight to users and enhances their experience with the product. When she’s not designing, Elena loves playing basketball and participating in local table tennis championships.