The end of the year is often a time for celebrations. For Distillery, the end of 2018 is absolutely worth celebrating: It marks 10 years since we’ve been in business!
Indeed, from our beginnings as Rus Wizards in 2008, December 2018 marks a full decade that we’ve been committed to serving our clients. Over that time, we’ve accomplished a ton and learned even more.
Each year, we use year-end as an opportunity to reflect on how far we’ve come. Some of our proudest moments and biggest milestones in 2018 include:
- Amazon Alexa certification — Distillery was certified as a preferred agency for Amazon Alexa skill development. (To date, fewer than 50 US service providers have earned the distinction.)
- Acknowledgement as a“Great Place to WorkⓇ” — We’re thrilled that our diverse, inclusive, and respect-centric organization was certified as a “Great Place to Work.”
- New honors — In addition to being honored on the prestigious Inc. 5000 and Entrepreneur 360 lists for the second consecutive year, we were ranked by Clutch Reviews as one of the “Top Creative, Design, and Development Agencies in Los Angeles” (in six categories!). We also won a Best Mobile App Award, an AIVA Communicator Award, and a Telly Award.
- Skills development — We participated in several conferences, including the Agile Business Conference, Adobe Max Conference, Alexa Dev Days, Scala Days, and the Awwwards Digital Thinkers Conference.
- Family growth — Our Distillery family keeps growing! In addition to welcoming 44 new team members, 10 future Distillery employees were born in 2018.
- Project volume — We successfully completed a staggering 549 releases this year.
What will 2019 bring? For that matter, what will the next decade bring? While only time will tell, we’re feeling great about our track record, excited about our team, and inspired to see what else we can achieve.
Do you need help achieving your own business goals in 2019? Let us know! Distillery can help you drive innovation, expedite project progress, reduce business costs, and source top talent.
CEO and founder Andrey Kudievskiy started his career in tech at the age of 19 while working on his degree in computer science. Within five years, Andrey had established his first company and played a key role in creating a successful cloud synchronization startup that was sold to a Fortune 500 company. A serial entrepreneur and talented developer in his own right, he is currently focused on enabling other entrepreneurs to build businesses and continuing Distillery’s expansion in the U.S. and international markets.