In November, Dmitry Yanchenko and Mikhail Kriachkov, two Distillery team members, earned the SnowPro Core Certification. Snowflake is a pay-as-you-go service for all things data — data warehousing, data lakes, data engineering, data science, data application development, and secure data sharing.
According to Credly’s Acclaim, the platform certification provides developers with the knowledge “to apply specific core expertise in the marketplace with customers implementing and migrating to Snowflake.”
The certification exam provides software engineers with a thorough and comprehensive understanding of Snowflake. Developers with this certification can also design, develop, and manage secure and scalable Snowflake solutions to drive business objectives for clients, such as:
- Snowflake Architecture, Client Interfaces, and Connectivity
- Data Loading/Unloading
- Semi-Structured Data
- Performance Optimization and Resource Management
- Data Sharing, Security, and Access Control
There are a number of benefits to using Snowflake, and our certified developers are eager to help Distillery clients get the most out of the Snowflake platform and unlock the true value of their data. Snowflake’s website outlines these benefits as follows:
- Unified experience — One platform, many data workloads; unify, integrate, analyze, and share previously siloed data.
- Global solution — Snowflake seamlessly runs data solutions across multiple clouds and regions for a unified and consistent experience.
- Modern data security & governance — The platform has built-in security measures such as always-on enterprise-grade encryption of data in transit and at rest. Unified data simplifies compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Scalability & performance — Snowflake has virtually unlimited auto-scaling capabilities to accommodate usage increases without impacting performance.
- Low maintenance — Snowflake automates traditional maintenance tasks, requiring comparatively minimal effort from its customers.
Next, Distillery is working toward and will become a member of the Snowflake Partner Network (SPN) to offer even more development options to clients.